Home » The Player Piano Group Forum » Introduce Yourself

newbe

Tell us more about yourself

newbe

Postby tony » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi,
Just a note of introduction, I have just acquired a Weber pianola London, we wanted a piano to complete our music room, I play guitar, tenor banjo, mandolin, etc. We found this pianola in a charity shop and fell in love with it. It will be a bit of a project but I'm sure its within my skills level. I work in prosthetics so I'm used to a challenge. She is almost in tune, just a few sticky keys and one broken hammer. (I'll leave that to the piano tuner, I know my limitations) the player is not working, tho when treading she will rewind and play forward in silent, every thing dies when put into normal. The vacuum hoses appear to be original and those to the left come away effortlessly, so I will start here with new tubing and see how that goes. I won't strip her down just yet as in my line of work if its not broke, don't fix it, it always ends in disaster.
All pointers and advice will be heeded and welcomed especially the don't do as I did stories, the greatest knowledge comes from the " I know not to do that again school of thought."
Regards
Tony
tony

PPG Member: No

Re: newbe

Postby djkprojects » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Hello Tony

Welcome to the PPG forum.

It would be good to see her :) Do you have any pictures that you could share with us? Thanks

Best wishes
Jack
djkprojects

PPG Member: Yes

Postby tony » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi Jack.
Have tried to up load pictures but I'm having trouble getting images small enough. I'll work on it over the weekend.
Regards
Tony
tony

Postby tony » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Well, I had to use an old phone to reduce the picture size to upload to this sites. I have now got it working and it's wonderful, still dropping some vacuum so it's an effort to peddle. My wife calls it a step aerobics machine and the kids call it the mp1 player (first generation mp3 player) I just need to get some scrolls for it. Can anybody suggest any sites? I'm looking for blues and swing.

Tony
Attachments (1 Items)
You need to be logged in order to view the attachments.
tony

Return to Introduce Yourself