Home » The Player Piano Group Forum » Introduce Yourself

intoduction

Tell us more about yourself

intoduction

Postby Hal Klassen » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:30 am

Well, I guess someone has to be first. I'm Hal Klassen, retired, live in a suburb of Vancouver British Columbia and have had player pianos, music boxes musical clocks old cars and old things [some since they were new] most of my life. I had the good fortune to visit Frank Holland when he was in the church and when he found out we were Canadian, we got many machines played for us. We also got to visit the Medcrafts shortly after they completed their roll perforating machine and had a wonderful demonstration of the machine and were able to buy a roll. Hal Klassen, 1911 Heintzman Arts & Crafts upright, 1922 Mansfield Recordo, 1929 Ampico Syphonique B grand
Hal Klassen

PPG Member: Yes

Re: intoduction

Postby weber » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Welcome Hal
Im Duncan James the Secretary of the PPG, My first instrument was an Upright player: a Godrey Melodic...what ever that was under the stencils!
I now have a Weber pedal electric Duo-Art, in the Renaissance style case. I have been interested in mechanical music since i was a teenager, and am no in my forties and there doesnt seem to be any let off!
weber

Re: intoduction

Postby Hal Klassen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:20 am

Thanks Duncan, I do a little restoration or repairs on players, and a lady bought a pedal grand from ebay UK and had it shipped here. We have no information on the pedal half Duo Arts and I was able to get a tubing diagram from the PPG, but of limited value as not the same. Fortunatly, she didn,t care about Duo Art rolls so we got it working. Hal
Hal Klassen

Return to Introduce Yourself